I’m doing a new series that you won’t find anywhere else; kill counts. Have you ever watched a film and wondered just how many people get killed by each character? Well, I’m going to test it out on the 7 episodic Star Wars movies. First up is The Phantom Menace!
Here are the rules…
- Destroying vehicles count as 1 kill, unless it’s a 2-person vehicle; there is no guesswork involved here.
- Droids don’t technically count, but I’ll still count them and put the total with droid kills in parentheses so you can see who killed the most. Otherwise this movie is less than 5 total kills.
- I also will choose what I consider to be the main and secondary characters. I’m not going to count how many kills Stormtrooper #7 had.
This one may be a bit tough considering the enemy forces are all droids. So bear with me here. The kill counts for this one may seem a bit low. Let’s get to it!
- Obi-Wan kills 7 droids after escaping the toxin filled board room.
- Qui-Gon also kills 7 droids in the same exchange.
- Qui-Gon kills 2 droids on speeders saving Jar Jar from inevitable death.
- Obi-Wan kills 6 droids at Naboo to free the Queen.
- Qui-Gon kills 5 droids at Naboo to free the Queen.
- Qui-Gon kills 13 droids in the Naboo hangar bay.
- Obi-Wan kills 11 droids in the Naboo hangar bay.
- Obi-Wan kills 1 droid at Naboo.
- Anakin kills 3 droidekas in the Naboo hangar.
- Padme kills 2 droids in the palace.
- Jar Jar somehow kills 3 droids with the dead carcass of another droid. Ruthless.
- Darth Maul kills Qui-Gon by stabbing him in the stomach.
- Padme kills 3 droids in the Naboo throne room.
- Anakin kills 3 droids inside the droid command ship.
- Obi-Wan slices Darth Maul in half.*
- Obi Wan Kenobi: 1 (24 including droids
- Darth Maul: 1
- Qui-Gon Jinn: 0 (27 including droids)
- Anakin Skywalker: 0 (7 including droids)
- Padme Amidala: 0 (5 including droids)
- Jar Jar Binks: 0 (3 including droids)
*In the Clone Wars animated series, Darth Maul survives this and the fall afterward and has his legs regenerated. Sounds dumb but it was actually awesome. But I’m still counting this as a kill.
Stay tuned for Attack of the Clones next Thursday at noon!